I Sure am Gonna' Miss that Son of a Gun I Tell You What

Fox has cancelled King of the Hill.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — "King of the Hill" is over the hill at Fox, which is canceling the long-running animated comedy.

Final episodes of the half-hour series, now in its 13th year, likely will air during the 2009-10 season, Fox said Friday. The network recently ordered 13 new episodes, and animated series have a long production schedule.
It's too bad, it was a favorite of mine, and one of the few shows I would make an effort to try to see. I thought the characters were great, each with his own personality. Despite being animated, the characters seemed more real to me than most other shows out there. The humor was always good natured, never offensive or disgusting.



Speaking of offensive and disgusting, Fox has decided to create a spin-off from its animated series Family Guy. Would you believe "The Cleveland Show?" Sure I watch Family Guy now and then. Sometimes it is clever. But it is so often offensive just for the sake of being offensive that I rarely make it through an entire show. A friend of mine once pointed out the irony that much of what is passed off as "Adult Humor" is what you might hear in a seventh-grade boys' locker room. That pretty much sums up Family Guy.

0 comments: