My vote

My turn.

I really loathe John McCain. The things that turn him on and excite him: campaign finance "reform", legalizing illegals, etc., I can't stand. I think he'd be a menace. His instincts are to meet the Democrats half-way or worse. He would be Daschle'd worse that Bush Sr. ever was. The Dems in the Capitol would run circles around him.

That said, everything that McCain believes in that I can't stand, Obama believes in even more. And with a Democratic Capitol the country would be doomed.

If for one issue alone, I couldn't possibly give Obama my vote...the Supreme Court.

You see, I rather like democracy and the Constitution. Liberal justices believe in neither. To them, democracy is something to be overridden and ignored, and the Constitution is a quaint scrap of paper that means nothing.

If Obama gets 2 or 3 Justices, then they can literally rewrite the Constitution and there won't be a damned thing anyone with a vote can do about it. If you thought the McCain-Feingold legislation passing muster with the SCOTUS was a travesty (I've called it the worst decision since Dred Scot), then get ready for a court that treats that decision as little more than an appetizer.

Hold your nose and vote McCain!

0 comments: