Leaning Toward Obama-Palin

Well, it's time to decide for whom to vote. Here are my rambling and incoherent "thoughts."

As a practical matter, it doesn't matter for whom I vote, because Massachusetts is solidly Democrat. When you see "Obama 2012" yard signs around, you know you are in it deep. The Republicans couldn't even find someone to run against Barney Frank. The guy running as a Republican doesn't have the backing of the party. I'd feel better about him if it weren't for that bit about being convicted of beating up his 14 year old daughter.

Anyway, as I've said before, I don't like John McCain. I salute the man for his service to the country, but I don't think he would be an effective president. I have decided I can't vote for him. If I'm going to be angry with my government for the next four years I'd prefer to be angry at a Democratic government.

Bob Barr is a nut.

I don't like Obama either. His association with racist hatemongers and unrepentant terrorists is deeply disturbing. I wouldn't be caught dead associating with Bill Ayers. I wouldn't sit there in front of a racist minister for twenty years either. Would you? Further, I find his economic plan and health care plan completely unrealistic. Interesting that people still fall for the old "I promise to spend on you and make someone else pay for it!" line. His energy policy? Pinwheels and sunshine.

Still, I have to vote for someone. I'm leaning toward Obama. I think it would be good for the country to have a President who isn't white. That's it; that's all I've come up with. Call it affirmative action if you will. When presented with two equally craptacular candidates, one may choose in the interest of diversity.

This doesn't apply to Biden, of course. So I'm voting for Palin. I like her. She's someone I'd like to have over for barbecue. I'm thinking mooseburgers.

So there you have it. Obama-Palin. That's the ticket!

0 comments: