Culturally Out Of Touch

I've grown out of touch with popular culture. When I'm in the checkout line at the grocery store, I see a multitude of magazines and newspapers with beautiful people on their covers, and I have no idea who those people are. I read headlines like "Is it over for Jason and Melinda?" and "Trouble in paradise as Heather gives Bruce ultimatum!" and wonder why it is I'm supposed to care about these strangers. Now this story is making all the headlines: "Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother slain in Chicago."

"We can confirm that there is an ongoing investigation concerning the deaths of Jennifer Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson, and her brother, Jason Hudson," Kasteler said in a statement. "No further comment will be made and the family has asked that their privacy be respected at this difficult time."


I feel sorry for Jennifer and her family. I wish them well, but I have no idea who they are.

0 comments: