Pinky and Pinkie and a Thursday Update

"Adam's Rib" is quite a fine movie, though I prefer "Philadelphia Story" and "Bringing Up Baby"--maybe I just prefer Grant/Hepburn to Tracy/Hepburn? If the Pinky/Pinkie reference is too obscure, it comes from "Adam's Rib".

Which brings me to the evening pinkie update. The guy whose pinkie was bitten off has now spoken, and according to him, it was the pro-Obama guy who began the verbal confrontation, but the 9-figured man confesses to being the first to start shoving.

Looks like no one comes out smelling very good. Interestingly, the amputation of a finger is actually a felony, and the guy who did it could be up for some pretty serious jail time.

Fires: The sunset is still nice and red, but the moon is only a couple shades toward the yellow tonight. A couple of nights ago, it looked the color of a rose wine.

Employment: The employment report comes out tomorrow for August's data. Unfornuately, the computer I have my data on, is still getting fixed, and we haven't gotten it back yet--so, I can't run my numbers. Boo hoo!!!!

Kindle: I don't know if I've mentioned that we have a family Kindle. I love the thing and find it a great way to read. Steven has read quite a bit on it, but given a choice between a real book and a Kindle book, Elizabeth chooses the real book.

Nevertheless, our Kindle has a minor hardware problem. There is a little joy-stick-like button on it, and the button has somehow managed to crack horizontally into two pieces.

I called Kindle support today, and was amazed. First, my call was answered, and I was talking to a real person within about 30 seconds of placing the call. Second, I don't have to send the broken Kindle back before they send the new one. They are actually shipping the replacement first, then we simply put the old one in the same packaging and ship the broken one back.

Pretty cool, and very nice customer service.

Go Amazon!

0 comments: