It Must be Me

Every now and then I have the feeling there must be something wrong with my brain. A new Rasmussen poll reveals:

Seventy-eight percent (78%) of U.S. voters say every American should be allowed to purchase the same health insurance plan that members of Congress use.
I read this and my face squishes up into my most puzzled look. What the h*ll does such a poll question mean? Why would anyone think of asking this question? I really don't get it.

How can you possibly think that people shouldn't be able to buy such coverage if they wanted to? Do people think that we shouldn't be able to buy the model of car that Joe Biden drives? Should we be prohibited from buying the same type of clothes that Tom Cruise wears? What is the rationale? Should there be some products that only people in Congress should be able to purchase enjoy?

In the words of the Maitre D' at L'Idiot: You cannot have zee duck!

0 comments: