The buzz

No one seems to have any idea how many people are going to be at the march tomorrow. There are some weird estimates...the weirdest from Pelosi, who is being accused of some major high-balling.

One of her aids came in with a warning to Dems of 2 million--which would be 200,000 more than Obama had for his historic inauguration (granted, that was in freezing January.) People are saying that she put that out so that anything less would be treated by the press as a disappointment.

In other words: she's scared this is going to be massive. If it was only going to be in the 10's of thousands, she wouldn't be worried. If it was even around 100,000 that wouldn't necessarily really get to her. But if we are really talking about several or many hundreds of thousands, she could be hitting the panic button.

I wonder what their researchers are coming up with?

There is a march website that is asking people to sign up online, so they can determine the kind of facilities and police they need on hand. Their numbers were somewhere around 30,000...but I would be surprised if 1 out of 10 actually bothered to formally sign up.

----

A lot of people have been showing up today. Every time I pass through the lobby of my hotel, another group of Tea Partiers is arriving. Every time I walk down the street, I see Partiers.

I'm still hoping this will be really, really big.

0 comments: