I got quoted in the MSM rally coverage!

Not by name, but still. The night before the rally, there was a gathering of women for a cocktail hour sort of thing, and a reporter from The New Republic (or as I explained to the people I was with, the other NR) came by. I don't know if she gave us her last name, but her first name was distinctive enough to remember: Lydia.

Well, today, I found the article she wrote about our cocktail "Meet and Tweet" (Scroll down to the section that starts "I have never" in bold lettering):
I have never felt more welcome as a reporter than I did at a “Meet and Tweet,” advertised as a gathering of tea partying women on the eve of the march, at the Doubletree Hotel.
I was one of them.

Though she doesn't quote me by name, I am quoted here:
The discussion drifted from outrage to outrage, lingering on health care. No one actually doesn’t have insurance, the women agreed. Obama’s numbers of the uninsured keep wavering; maybe he just stopped factoring in the illegals. Besides, everyone can just go to the emergency room, or one of those clinics that Wal-Mart runs.

“This administration does not understand the free market,” someone pronounced.

“The only people with private insurance will be unions!” said another [Me!].
My point was that all the other insurance plans would be driven out of business, but the unions, with the help of the politicians and bureaucrats, would fiercely hold on the their gold-plated ones.

I actually ran into Lydia in Freedom Square shortly before the Rally turned into the premature march. She looked a little like a deer caught in the headlights. I was just shocked to run into anyone I recognized in the swell of people.

0 comments: