Whole Foods and Health Insurance

I'm not a fan of Whole Foods. I find it terribly expensive, and when I'm in there I swear I can smell the eco-sanctimony of the shoppers, proudly purchasing organic hydroponic tomatoes at $3 a pop. I just bought a gallon of milk at Wal-Mart for $1.97. At Whole Foods, it's been known to go for $7/gallon.

So I was pleasantly surprised to read this editorial on healthcare from the CEO of Whole Foods:

While we clearly need health-care reform, the last thing our country needs is a massive new health-care entitlement that will create hundreds of billions of dollars of new unfunded deficits and move us much closer to a government takeover of our health-care system. Instead, we should be trying to achieve reforms by moving in the opposite direction—toward less government control and more individual empowerment. Here are eight reforms that would greatly lower the cost of health care for everyone


Who would have guessed the CEO of Whole Foods would have libertarian leanings? Read it all. His are all good ideas.

0 comments: