Not all bookstores are created equal

A kids book came out today (Roscoe Riley #6: Never Walk In Shoes That Talk), and I walked over (in non-talking shoes) to Borders over my lunch hour to buy it for my nephew. But Borders didn't have it. According to a store employee, it wasn't due into the store until July 1.

Hmmm, I said, I guess I'll just have to Kindle it, because Amazon has it. That made him go check a second time and still said July 1.

When I got back to work, I double checked the websites: Amazon release date-June 23, Barnes Ignoble release date-June 23, Borders release date-July 1.

Huh? I thought when a book came out, that stores all got it the same day. Apparently, this doesn't apply to Borders.

I ended up both getting it on the Kindle and then picking up a copy this evening at a Barnes Ignoble.

P.S. This is the 501st post on this blog!

0 comments: